Intellectual Property Litigation
Intellectual property litigation means successfully resolving IP disputes. That said, Anthony Cartee, founder of CARTEE, LC, will make every attempt to resolve your dispute without stepping foot in a courtroom. Anthony, a business owner himself, understands the costs involved in courtroom litigation and always attempts to solve disputes privately, quickly, and affordably for his clients. When necessary, IP litigation attorney Cartee is an accomplished trial lawyer and can represent either plaintiffs or defendants for the best possible outcome in court.
Helping clients successfully resolve IP disputes inside and outside of the courtroom.
CARTEE, LC represents clients in copyright, trademark, unfair competition, and patent disputes over a wide range of industries. We have significant experience litigating IP issues concerning digital content publishing and distribution, software and computer systems, telecommunications and mobile devices, art and literature, media and entertainment, and consumer goods and services.
Having litigated and otherwise resolved numerous IP disputes on behalf of both intellectual property owners and accused infringers, we understand the need to account for a client’s unique goals when working towards a favorable resolution. And whether meeting those goals involves pursuing an advantageous settlement short of trial, or instead taking the dispute to the courtroom, Cartee, LC works with clients to prepare effective, assertive, and cost-efficient strategies in pursuit of a successful outcome. Because of our agility as a boutique firm, we are especially situated to serve individuals, emerging companies, and small and midsize businesses in IP disputes.
Representative experience includes:
• Representing both plaintiffs and defendants in trial and appellate courts, including helping clients to achieve favorable trial verdicts and settlements;
• Obtaining temporary restraining orders to stop trademark infringement and false advertising;
• Helping defendants in infringement lawsuits avoid preliminary injunctions to ensure their continued freedom to operate;
• Resolving trademark disputes and successfully negotiating co-existence agreements;
• Representing defendants in copyright litigation and pre-litigation disputes over use of digital media;
• Helping software and app creators, visual artists, and authors successfully resolve disputes over the infringement of their copyrighted work.
The firm also has experience serving as local counsel for intellectual property litigation in the Southern District of California, Central District of California and other federal courts.